Friday, October 17, 2008

I'm not that stupid.

Okay, so this will be the second political post, and frankly I feel they're far too close together, but this annoyed me too.



This ad is blatantly dishonest to anyone who has done even a tiny bit of research into what's being proposed.

The FairTax, which is what Saxby Chambliss supports, would not be a 23% tax on top of the current income taxes.

Quick few links to show just how dishonest this ad is:

FairTax FAQ.
Don't want something direct from their website? Fine.
Op-Ed done by economist Laurence Kotlikoff (PDF File.)
And here are two more studies by the same economist.
Here's one and another that shows the FairTax is in fact progressive.

It isn't about who this ad is for, if it were an ad slamming some Democrat it would piss me off equally. While idiocy annoys me, dishonesty flat out infuriates me. Please, do not insult my intelligence by putting forth obvious crap in an attempt to gain my vote, regardless of which side you're on.

I'm going to go sit in my cardboard box to calm down.

No comments: